Upper left side back pain, also called middle back pain, thoracic pain or left upper back pain occurs between the base of the neck and the upper part of the lumbar spine. The most pain prone area in the upper back comprises the trapezius, the triangular shaped muscles as well as the shoulder blades.
The reason that middle back pain is also called thoracic pain is that the upper part of the spine is connected with the thoracic or chest area.
Upper Left Side Back Pain Causes
1. In most cases, the upper left side back pain occurs due to the wear and tear of the muscles in the back.
2. Sometimes a nerve in the neck or thoracic part of the spine gets pinched due to bulging disc or arthritis.
3. The vertebrae get afflicted with osteoporosis or weakening of the bones. It becomes so weak that it cannot withstand the weight of the spine itself.
4. Injuries due to accidents or falls may also cause severe pain in the upper back muscles.
5. Overuse of the muscles of the upper back and poor postures can cause strain in the joints and ligaments. Painters, who have to work in awkward postures such as while painting the ceiling, often suffer from upper back pain.
6. Women with large breasts sometimes have to strain to stand straight. This may also cause pain in the upper back or middle back pain.
7. Heart problem may also indicate itself by causing pain in the upper back area of the neck.
Upper Left Side Back Pain Treatment
In most cases the pain may be caused due to some mechanical problem in your back such as strain, overwork or wrong posture. Here are some of the steps you may take to get relief from the upper left side back pain at the initial stage.
Massage Treatment for Upper Left Side Back Pain
1. Massage: Do a deep massage over the afflicted area for a minute or two every hour. Just rub the tender spot by extending your hand across the opposite shoulder.
2. Knead: Knead the trapezius muscles gently like a cat kneads with its paws. Do it yourself or get your friend of spouse to do that.
3. Use elbow: You may ask your friend to gently press the tender area with the point of his elbow for a few seconds at a time and repeat it a few times. Pressure upon a point temporarily stops the supply of blood followed by a sudden flow of oxygen carrying blood. This relaxes the muscles.
4. You can achieve quick relief for middle back pain and have regular access to the above massage techniques plus many more by investing in your very own massage chair to treat upper left side back pain.
How to Get Rid of Middle Back Pain at Home
5. Correct posture: A wrong posture often weakens and damages the muscles that support the weight of the back. Always be careful of your posture while sitting, standing, sleeping, walking or working.
5. Sports bras and back support braces: Women with large breasts should try wearing sports bra which provides better support to the shoulders and neck.
Are you suffering from upper left side back pain? It does not matter that you have suffered from it for 10, 15 or even 30 years. You would be completely cured in just 21 days even if you are a lost case. Click Here Right Now to learn more about how you can get fast and permanent relief from your back pain.