Massage Therapy Works
Is there any scientific evidence that massage therapy works as one of the best lower back pain relief products to improve a person’s quality of life? Is therapeutic massage effective in providing deep tissue massage?
Can a shiatsu massage chair US 2021 compare to the therapeutic massage provided by a human massage therapist? These are specific questions we will answer in this post.
Research on Whether Massage Therapy Works
Before we get deeper into the evidence about therapeutic massage as a low back pain treatment, let us state some facts and the conclusions we will make in this review. First, a lot of research on the effects of therapeutic massage as a treatment for a variety of health conditions has been carried out. And the evidence is pretty clear-cut.
Second, the scientific evidence confirms that massage therapy works as an effective low back pain treatment. The scientific evidence affirms that therapeutic massage may help with back pain and may improve the quality of life for people with depression, cancer, and other ailments. There is clear evidence that massage therapy for lower back pain works.
Researchers have studied the effects of whether massage therapy works for many conditions. One of the areas they have studied more extensively is Pain. Researchers have specifically looked at massage therapy for back pain.
Therapeutic Massage as Low Back Pain Treatment
Here’s what the studies revealed. Therapeutic massage works.
- A 2008 research review and 2011 NCCIH-funded clinical trial concluded that therapeutic massage may be useful as a chronic low back pain treatment.
- Therapeutic massage may help with chronic neck pain, a 2009 NCCIH-funded clinical trial reported.
- Therapeutic massage may help with pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee, according to a 2012 NCCIH-funded study.
- For women in labor, therapeutic massage provided some pain relief and increased their satisfaction with other forms of pain relief, but the evidence isn’t strong, a 2012 review concluded.
- Numerous research reviews and clinical studies have suggested that, at least for the short term, therapeutic massage for cancer patients may reduce pain, promote relaxation, and boost mood. However, these studies also caution that deep or intense pressure should not be used over an area where the patient has a tumor or cancer unless such treatment is approved by the patient’s health care provider.
Studies on Therapeutic Massage and Health Conditions
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health at the National Institutes of Health or NIH, Researchers have also studied the effects of therapeutic massage for many other conditions. These conditions include:
- The behavior of children with autism
- Immune function in women with breast cancer
- Anxiety and pain in patients following heart surgery
- Quality of life and glucose levels in people with diabetes
- Lung function in children with asthma.
Therapeutic Massage Treatment for Pain
Much of the results and evidence points toward the beneficial effects of therapeutic massage on pain and other symptoms associated with a number of different conditions. And much of this evidence suggests that these beneficial effects are short-term and that people need to keep getting therapeutic massages for the benefits to continue.
NCCIH-sponsored studies have also investigated the effects of therapeutic massage on a variety of conditions including:
- How therapeutic massage and progressive muscle relaxation compare as a chronic low back pain treatment in patients referred from primary care practices.
- The frequency and length of therapeutic massages needed to address neck pain.
Facts on Therapeutic Massage and Back Pain
Here are the Known Facts:
- A study of 401 persons, 20 to 65 years of age, with nonspecific chronic low back pain was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine on July 5, 2011.
- That study included a comparison of the effects of 2 types of therapeutic massage and usual care on chronic low back pain.
That study confirmed the same results found above. Therapeutic massage is a chronic low back pain treatment. It also concluded that the beneficial effects of therapeutic massage in patients with chronic low-back pain lasted at least one year after the end of the treatment.
This latter fact is very significant. Now, at this point, we will examine the second question posed at the beginning of this review. That question is: Can a massage therapy chair compare to a human massage therapist?
Massage Therapy Chair vs. Massage Therapist
Again, let’s look at the facts.
- These robotic massage therapy chairs offer a wide variety of techniques to nearly replicate a human massage therapist.
- Today’s mid-range to high-end massage therapy chairs provide many modes and options. These include Shiatsu, Kneading, Tapping, Flapping, Knocking, and functions like Back Heating; Back Stretching; Buttocks and Heating; Foot and Calf; Heating; and vibration.
- With a massage therapy chair, you can localize your treatment to specific areas of the body. These areas include the Neck and Shoulder, Back and Waist, or Lower Body. Also, these chairs have a Foot Rest and Back Rest. They also allow you to adjust the intensity and speed in all of the above areas.
- With your massage therapy chair remote control, you can choose a specific pre-designed program as a low back pain treatment, or you can customize one by combining many of the functions to fit your needs. You can customize your therapeutic massage based on strength, speed, and muscle groups. If you change your mind or want to treat a specific area, you can change the settings with the push of a button.
- Massage chairs adjust to your weight, height, and body for an expertly tailored, customized therapeutic massage each and every time.
- Most of today’s high-tech massage therapy chairs perform a scan of your body and then adjust the position and strength of the rollers to fit your exact height and weight.
- One advantage of these chairs is that you aren’t relying on the judgment of a human being. These are sophisticated algorithms designed to generate the best therapeutic massage possible each time you sit in the massage therapy chair.
- Also, most good massage therapy chairs offer features that a massage therapist can’t.
- A massage therapy chair can instantly apply heat to your back, feet, legs, or neck.
- These chairs can recline to a pre-set Zero Gravity position that helps to stretch and realign your spine.
- The technology in today’s medium to high-end massage chairs goes far beyond anything a massage therapist can provide.
- Massage chairs like the Kahuna Massage Chair LM6800 are equipped with Computerized body scan technology which scans your body size automatically, allowing you to enjoy a custom fit body massage.
- The Kahuna massage chair LM6800 also includes a Yoga-Stretching program that is designed to stretch your entire body to awakening sensation. You will feel the blood circulation and stretching on your entire body after use.
- The signature SH-Chiro program in the Kahuna massage chair LM 6800 is designed to specifically target your spinal area and unlock the nerve energy allowing it to flow better down your spine and throughout your entire body. You will feel the spine pressure relief after use.
- Therapeutic Massage chairs are more convenient and completely private.
- You don’t have to make an appointment, and you don’t have to travel. Your massage chair is at home when you need it.
- If you suffer from social anxiety, or just don’t feel like being around other people, your massage chair offers you customized, personalized massage therapy in the comfort of your own home.
- Your chair will provide you with predictable results every single time.
- Your massage chair will never have a bad day. If you don’t like the treatment you received from your chair, you can choose a different program next time. Also, you can stop at any point in the massage therapy and adjust the settings to your liking. You are in control.
- A massage chair costs less in the long run. The Kahuna massage chair LM6800 currently costs less than $2000. Let’s assume you spend $75 to $100 for a decent massage. Well, after 20 to 26 sessions, you could have bought your Kahuna massage chair LM6800. And that chair will continue to give you premium massages for many years at no extra cost.
- The Kahuna massage chair is rated almost the best massage chair for home use. It is the best massage chair with affordable prices and one of the best massage chairs for back pain. Furthermore, the kahuna massage chair has among the best massage chair reviews.
- If you add up the price of a therapeutic massage, combined with transportation costs and the amount of time it takes, you will see that a massage therapy chair is actually more cost-effective than a massage therapist.
Conclusion: Massage Therapy Works as an Effective Low Back Pain Treatment
In conclusion, we asked two questions at the beginning:
Number 1. Is there any scientific evidence that massage therapy works as an effective low back pain treatment that improves a person’s quality of life?
Number 2. Can a shiatsu massage chair provide deep tissue massage and compare to a human massage therapist?
We have answered both questions. The first answer is YES. A number of reputable research studies confirm that Massage therapy works as an effective chronic low back pain treatment. The presence of a Kahuna Massage Chair in your living room or family room will turn your home into a therapeutic massage center. These studies also confirm that the beneficial effects of therapeutic massage in patients with chronic low-back pain lasted at least one year after the end of the treatment.
The second answer is also YES. We have made over 20 comparisons between a massage therapist and a therapeutic massage chair and have concluded that therapeutic massage chairs offer you many features that a massage therapist can’t. These features include many functions specifically designed to serve as a low back pain treatment. We have also demonstrated that a massage chair like the Kahuna massage chair LM6800 is actually more cost-effective than a massage therapist. The Kahuna massage chair LM6800 is one of the best lower back pain relief products
If you want to read more about a massage chair like the Kahuna LM6800 as a low back pain treatment, then go to this page. If you are convinced and ready to make that investment in your very own Kahuna massage chair LM6800 massage chair, then check out Amazon.
Tags: Massage Therapy Works, Therapeutic Massage, low back pain, low back pain treatments, low back pain relief, low back pain and leg pain, low back pain when sitting, back pain relief, back pain treatment, lower back pain treatment, lower back pain, chronic back pain relief, back pain therapy, treatment back pain, low back pain treatment, best back pain treatment, how to treat back pain, back pain treatment options, back pain remedies